IGCSE BIOLOGY REVISION NOTES/ STUDY NOTES(2021-2023)
IGCSE Biology-Revision notes/Study notes- 0610 Biology Highly popular notes-with solved exam question examples designed by Cambridge expert teachers with regular updates.
This section on biology revision notes will be developed in a unique way. Not like the way it is normally done. Here We plan to pick random topics that we feel are tougher or challenging and then make them easier as much as possible.
13.2-Assimilation and deamination
13.3-Functions of liver
13.7-Structure of kidneys-Ultrafiltration
Now here are a few questions taken from past papers[ answers provided below] to check your understanding of the above concepts that you studied from the past papers:
- Define excretion 
- How is urea transported in the blood to the kidney?
- What happens to the amono acids in the liver cells?
- Label the parts of the kidney tubule from A to D and state one function of each
- Excretion is the removal of the waste products of metabolism and toxic and harmful products and also products in excess of their requirements.
- Urea gets dissolved in the blood and is then transported to the kidneys
- The proteins are synthesised in the liver.Excess of the amino acids are broken down [ deaminated]. During deamination, amino group is removed from ammonia and is changed to urea.Rest of the molecule is respired to provide energy. The amine group can also be transferred via transamination to make new amino acids.
- The parts and their fuctions are as follows:
- A-Glomerulus- Function: Filtration of blood
- B-capsule-Function: To collect the filtrate
- C-Tubule- Selective reabsorption of water/salts/minerals/ions
- D-Collecting duct-reabsorbs water or passes urine to pelvis or ureter
More questions and topics comming up soon. Stay tuned.
Smart Exam resources